The fast, reproducible and uniform covalent modification of surfaces with molecules relevant for analytical purposes, such as antigens, antibodies or oligonucleotides, is a major issue in diagnostics. In addition, fully automated spotting of one or many different compounds on nanoliter scale is desirable. Celares, in collaboration with Boehringer-Ingelheim, has developed a novel surface-modifying technology (celaCLICK) that addresses relevant surface-modification needs.
The principles of celaCLICK are depicted in the scheme below for modification of a gold surface.
Some unique selling points are:
- Covalent attachment of proteins within seconds
- Highly efficient conjugation
- Very high density of the analytes
- Directed attachment of analytes possible
- Chips made with single or multiple analytes
- Fully automated spotting of analytes on chips
- Large volume range (from nanoliter to microliter)
- No chemical coupling reagents with potential to interfere with surface or analyte
Our surface-modifying technology was co-developed with Boehringer-Ingelheim and is covered by patent applications associated with WO 2017/144359 A1.
Dr. Sophie Janke
Head of Synthesis
+49 30 9489 2350