The chemical synthesis & production department at celares, equipped to the latest technical standards, enables us to offer multistep syntheses from mg to kg scale, for R&D as well as for GMP campaigns. We combine decades of experience in the synthesis of complex small and large molecules.
We focus our synthetic activities on the preparation of polymers relevant to pharmaceutical applications, such as activated polyethylene glycols (PEGs), PEG block-copolymers, polyimines and hyperbranched polyglycerols among other hydrophilic or amphiphilic polymers.
Since our inception, we have gained substantial knowledge in the synthesis of complex polymers in high quality (also in GMP grade, if necessary). We have successfully solved a variety of issues, often associated with these polymers such as structural and functional reproducibility, yield and purification, and we are able to synthesize the following polymers tailored to the intended application:
- Activated PEGs (for conjugation to biologics)
- PEG-PLA or PEG-PLGA (for nanoparticle formulations of drugs)
- Linear and branched functionalized polyethylene imines and other polyimines (for oligo-nucleotide binding and delivery)
- PEG-pAsp / PEG-pGlu (for oligo-nucleotide binding and delivery)
- Hyperbranched polyglycerols (for drug delivery and protein formulation)
- Other polymers for nanoparticle formation (drug delivery)
In addition to our synthesis services, we offer hydrophilic multi-arm polymers for novel technological applications (see section Methods and technologies).